Washing instructions for Sub Zero synthetic insulated jackets and body warmers can be found on the white silk tag stitched to the inside seam of the garment.
Please follow these instructions carefully as failure to comply with them will make your guarantee void. If you have removed the tag or are unsure of the washing symbol meaning, the full washing instructions can be found below.
- Machine wash or hand wash in water not exceeding 30°C or 86°F
- You can use a mild washing detergent but ideally you want to use an apparel washing treatment
- Wash dark colours separately, do not bleach, do not use fabric conditioners
- These insulated jackets and body warmers can be spun dry in a washing machine
- Do not tumble dry. These garments will dry very quickly on a line or airer as they retain very little water once spun/rung out.
- Do not dry clean
- Do not iron
- Keep the garment away form direct sunlight when stored as this may bleach the colour over time
GENERAL WASHING TIPS
When you go to wash any garment with a zip, ensure it is done up fully otherwise the exposed teeth may cause harm in the wash cycle. The same can be said for garments containing Velcro. Your best course of action would be to wash these garments either by hand or on their own in a washing machine.
With the advancement in detergent technology, you very rarely need to wash any garments these days above 30°C. It is better to use a specific anti-bacterial wash-in treatment rather than increasing the temperature.
A lot of Sub zero products, especially the base layers and mid layers, can be ironed on a low temperature setting. We would advise against this as the heat settings on irons are not always reliable. In any case, the stretch properties of synthetics helps reduce creases in the wash and if there are any afterwards, they often drop out when worn.
Like most synthetics, Sub Zero fabrics will melt or burn if exposed to flame or direct heat. They are not flame resistant; do not use them near ANY direct source of heat or flame. This includes some of our merino wool products that contain a small percentage of synthetic yarn.